Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 7 - As if Things Couldn't Get More Stressful...

Our landlord decides to do something so completely unexpected (and might I add ILLEGAL) that I haven't even been able to post in this blog for the past few days. (Not that I had anything interesting to talk about other than whining about the wait and wishing that we just knew something. Anything.)

His girlfriend decides she wants to use the apartment we're living in and convert it to a hair salon. So she gives us 30 days to move. Um, what? According to the laws in our province:

"In a periodic tenancy (for example, a month-to-month tenancy) the landlord may give 3 months notice to terminate the tenancy at any time, and the tenant must give one month notice." Source: CMHC

Either way, we want out. I don't have time for this crap. We could fight it and get our extra 60 days in the apartment but if Johnny gets a date for boot camp, I want to be already settled in before he leaves. I don't want to be moving a month later. That would completely and utterly suck.

So back to apartment hunting and fuming. Still no word on BMQ because the bases are closed today. ARGH!

1 comment:

  1. That is UNBELIEVABLE! (If you want me to poop in his shoes, you let me know!)

    I officially declare this the Summer of the Evil Landlord.

    ReplyDelete