Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 23 - Much Needed Update

Well I've been quite lax in updating because things have been more than a little crazy here. Packing, appointments for Hayden's kindergarten checkup, family visiting from out of town, etc. So here is the update that I should have posted before.

Johnny and I are getting ready to move into the house of our dreams. Now before you start envisioning a pink palace in the clouds, let me tell you what the house we've dreamed of really has. I've never been one for marble halls and diamond sunbursts. What we wanted in a home was simple:
  • Enough bedrooms to have a room for family that comes to visit.
  • A kitchen that I could actually TURN AROUND in.
  • More kitchen cupboards than I have things to put in them.
  • A dishwasher.
  • A backyard big enough for the kids to play in.
  • More than one bathroom.
  • A playroom for the kids.
  • An office for the computers.
  • A fireplace.

The only thing our new place is missing is the last, and that can be added later. We are beyond happy. I will post pictures the day we move in. It's a beautiful home and it's just around the corner from Hayden's school. It's truly a home that was made for us.

In other good news, as of tomorrow I will be wiping a debt off my record that has been bothering me for years. My first car (which I no longer own, having sold the stupid thing to my father) will be entirely paid for. Hurray for no longer owing money and no longer having to dish out $200 a month for something I haven't had in my possession for 2 years!

So now that you know where I've been hiding (under a pile of boxes) I hope to update you more often, even if the updates are short and sweet. And on September 1st I'm sure there'll be a lot to write about!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Sorry I missed you online earlier. We were at the in-laws.
    I'm so glad to hear that things are coming together for you. And now I can mail packages directly to you!
    Gotta start working on that funyuns bag! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOT!

    I have always loved moving into a new place! Everything is, for one brief moment in time, exactly where you want it. And everything feels new and fresh and full of promise. There are no scrapes on the wall where a child ran a dinky car, there are no spots on the carpet where you were just too tired to do anything more than sponge up the spilled can of Alphagetties, and that spot under the stove, just beyond the reach of the broom, is still clean. I love moving into a new house.

    I wanna move, too. It is starting to get colder so the mice are starting to move into the basement. The cats are leaving their little carcasses in the mudroom for me as gifts. Up to two or three a day! The biggest problem with mice (other than the icky factor) is that they like to chew up my laundry to harvest material to make nests. I have had to throw out blankets and clothes by the bagful thanks to the vermin.

    And I have a miller problem in my kitchen. Millers (little moths that like to nest in flour or oatmeal or other grainy products) have infested my kitchen. I have emptied my cupboards at least 3 times, and thrown -everything- out. I have sprayed my kitchen down with bug spray. I have spread bay leaves around rather liberally. I have done all three all at once. All to no avail. I simply cannot get rid of the little bastards!

    I just wanna move and leave all of these problems behind me. I am sooo envious of you that have this opportunity to start all fresh all over again. Enjoy it! Savour it! and most importantly: Have FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete