Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 8 - I'm Gonna Miss This

Just leaving you with my life's theme song for today, since I have nothing new to report.

This is a beautiful song and I listen to it constantly, reminding myself amidst the crying and noise and chatter of the boys that this time is so precious and someday I'm going to look back and wish this all back. Enjoy.



You're Gonna Miss This - Trace Adkins

She was staring out that window, of that SUV
Complaining, saying "I can't wait to turn 18."
She said, "I'll make my own money, and I'll make my own rules."
Mamma put the car in park out there in front of the school
Then she kissed her head and said, "I was just like you."

-Chorus-
You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this

Before she knows it, she's a brand new bride
In a one-bedroom apartment, and her daddy stops by
He tells her, "It's a nice place."
She says, "It'll do for now."
Starts talking about babies and buying a house
Daddy shakes his head and says, "Baby, just slow down"

-Chorus-
You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this

Five years later there's a plumber workin' on the water heater
Dog's barkin', phone's ringin'
One kid's cryin', one kid's screamin'
She keeps apologizin'
He says, "They don't bother me.
I've got 2 babies of my own.
One's 36, one's 23."
Huh, it's hard to believe, but ...

-Chorus-
You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this
You're gonna miss this
Yeah, you're gonna miss this

Edit: If you're wondering about the video, the only version of the actual video I could find on youtube had the embedding disabled, but I wanted to share the song regardless. :)

1 comment:

  1. AMEN!!!

    I was in a store this morning, and I was watching this lady trying to get her little kids in through the door. They were very very little, one was an infant in her arms, one was a toddler in a stroller, and the other was maybe 3 or 4 years old. And she looked so very tired. I remembered being in exactly her shoes and waiting for the day when I could walk into a store in peace and quiet. I miss it. I miss having a little baby in my arms. My babies do not go to sleep in my arms anymore.

    I saw a young couple, obviously very much in love, walking through the park the other day. They were holding hands and laughing about this and that and generally just basking in each others company. I miss it. My husband and I very rarely get the chance to bask anymore.

    And knowing all of this, I know that I am going to miss the chaos of my home right now -- the kids jumping and running around the house, making a huge mess, forgetting to put the milk away, or spilling a drink. When they are gone to Grandma's for a week or two, I walk around the house completely and totally lost. Its evident that I am accustomed to having small kids around: I will be completely stunned when I find something I put down right where I left it! In my defense I can honestly say: "Well, I didn't expect it to STAY there!"

    **HUGS**

    ReplyDelete