Friday, July 24, 2009

Mission Statement and Purpose

Wow, that sounds a bit formal for me! Let me give you a little background on who I am and my intentions when I made this blog. A blog that I'm still not totally sure will succeed.

I'm Joanie, a twenty nine year old from Newfoundland, Canada. I'm married to Johnny, who is twenty seven.


This is us last year. No recent pictures of us together...Hrm...have to fix that. We got married on January 3, 2004, a beautiful winter day.



Yes, he had hair back then! Not much...but some!

We are the lucky parents of three beautiful, healthy and noisy boys. James is our oldest, he turned 7 just this month.




James is smart and funny and all those other things that a mother says her children are. He loves fishing and 4-wheeling and snowmobiling and biking and all other things that involve being outside. He is very much an outdoorsman. I will also tell you right off, to avoid having to go into it at a later time in this blog, that James lives with my mom due to circumstances right before and after Hayden's birth. I don't like the situation but it's best for him right now and I don't really care to discuss it any further on the internet, so I'll leave it at that!

Our second son is Hayden, who is 4 and a half.

He is also a million and one good things, but I'll throw in "strong-willed" on top of it all. Hayden has an attention-span disorder (he has not been diagnosed with ADD yet, but it's being looked into) and he's a handful and a half. He likes Transformers and Ironman and Spiderman and basically anything that moves really fast and makes a lot of noise. He has an imagination that's second to none and I often spend my days wondering "Who is he talking to?".

My "baby" is Silas, who is 2 and a half.

He's also a thousand good things, and knows just how to push all my buttons, whether for good or bad. He's a snuggler - though he wasn't as a baby - and incredibly loveable. He likes trucks, tractors and Thomas the Tank Engine.

Some more about me...I'm a gamer and a scrapbooker. I love to cook and bake and garden. I love boating, but the thought of having to swim paralyzes me with fear. I can't stand any critter with more than 4 legs unless it's a butterfly. I have an unhealthy addiction to Baked Lays Original Chips and collect anything with pigs on it, thanks to my darling sister. I also adore all things Tinkerbell and my favorite color is pink.

Johnny is a gamer as well. He's artistic and funny (sometimes) and loves to eat what I cook and bake. He's smart and cuddly and the best husband I could have asked to get. We do everything together! We both like photography and Yoga and taking long walks.

Now as to the reason I made this blog. Shortly after we got married, Johnny expressed an interest in joining the Canadian Armed Forces. He was accepted and got a date for Basic Training...except that at the same time I had just found out that I was pregnant with Hayden and the boot camp date was almost the same day as the due date! He changed his mind and decided instead to go to college to try his hand at accounting. He brought it up several more times in the following months and years, but I'm a bit of a wimp and don't like to be alone. The thought of 13 weeks alone while he's in BMQ and the inevitable deployments practically sent me into a panic.

Nothing since then has ever really made him happy and his desire to join the Armed Forces just grew. Finally we decided that it was time for him to follow his dream and he reapplied. Here's where the uncertainty of this blog comes in.

On Tuesday morning he has his medical and interview for the Canadian Armed Forces. That day I will truly start this blog as our journey beginning because it begins the wait. The agonizing wait to see if he is actually accepted. If he isn't, I will shut down this blog and begin a new one elsewhere chronicling our new path. If he is, this blog will continue on and Tuesday will be considered Day 1 of our journey, even though we've been on it for longer than that. To me, the journey doesn't truly begin until then.

I'll be taking my laptop with us to the hotel so that if there's internet there I can update. Wish us luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment