Wednesday, September 9, 2009

And he grew and he grew and he grew....

I don't know how many of you have ever read the Robert Munsch book "I'll Love You Forever", but it's the story of a boy and his mother. It starts with a mother rocking her very new baby boy in her arms and singing to him a song;

"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be."

This book has always been a favorite of mine. Except the part where "he grew and he grew and he grew" because I sort of want to forget that part. I want to keep my boys little for as long as I can. These moments are far too precious and fleeting. I want to cling to them for as long as time will let me.


Today let me tell you a story. A story about a boy and how " he grew and he grew and he grew" and how much his mommy loves him.

Once upon a time, there was a dream.

Possible names that we had chosen for this dream: Paris, Madeline, Roman...but one name stood out above all. Hayden. Which was odd, since we were pretty convinced that he was a girl.

Early one cold November morning, that dream became a reality.


Our little bundle of perfection; Hayden Joseph Edwin

And here's where he grew...and today I took him to kindergarten for the first time.

Please stop growing so fast.

1 comment:

  1. *sniff*
    *sniff*

    I -love- that book by Robert Munsch. It makes me cry every time. I mean it. Every time. Watching them grow up is sooo bittersweet. You watch them learning to turn their head, to roll over on their own, to crawl, to talk, to sing, to run into your arms to tell you they love you, to go to school, to read, to write, to think for themselves....and at every step you rejoice with them over. And you silently weep because each step on their road will eventually lead them away from you...to become (wo)men of own.

    It makes you want to cry and laugh all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete